How to clear the cache on iPhone or iPad
As you use your iPhone or iPad, the cache is junked resulting in the storage sacrifice or a hit in the performance. For the newer iOS devices, cache is not a matter because they are super powerful and comes with enough storage. But for the older device, the cache should be cleared to improve the performance.
You may find something mysterious called “Other” on iPhone storage. You can check out this article on what exactly is that and how to clear it
Clear the cache on Safari
- To clear the cache on safari, go to settings and scroll all the way down to safari ( you can find it in the fifth section) and tap it.
- Tap clear history and data (you might need to scroll down a bit to find it)
- It will prompt you to confirm it for clearance. Tap clear history and data again to confirm it. Note that this will log you out of all the websites that you’ve logged in.
These steps will delete all the cache that is stored by Safari
Settings –> Safari –> Clear history and data
Clear the App data
Use this method to delete data and cache stored by apps other than safari.
- Tap settings and in the settings, tap general and go to the iPhone storage ( or iPad storage for iPads)
- Below the recommendations (it might or might not show depending upon your usage), you will find all the apps sorted by the size.
- Tap the apps that talking up a lot of storage.
- You will find two rows named as App size (the actual size of the app while you’ve downloaded from the app store) and documents & data( Documents, data, and cache that are added after installing the app)
- If the Documents & Data size exceeds 600 MB, it’s better to delete the app entirely and reinstall it.
- Tap Delete App to delete it (Tip – You can reinstall the app from purchase list on the app store, this will be useful if you delete a bunch of apps)
Settings –> General –> iPhone Storage –> App that took up a lot of storage –> Delete App
Restart your iPhone
iOS handles the app management pretty good for the most part but restarting your iPhone will enhance the process while there is a lot of junk in the memory. This will be more useful if you’ve got an old iPhone or iPad.
You May Like