How to use Whatsapp for web?
WhatsApp is the second most used social media platform around the world after Facebook. The app was launched by Jan Koum and Brian Acton in 2009 which made a revolution by replacing the default messaging app.
The app is very light and simple to set up, just add your number and your go-to go. Later the app was bought by Facebook and the company made the app better with each update.
Later in 2015, the company added a web client for WhatsApp that lets the user access and chat through a web browser by syncing with the mobile. Even later, WhatsApp for PC and Mac has been launched (Requires Windows 8 and higher or Mac OS X 10.10 and higher)
There are two ways to use WhatsApp on a PC or Mac. The first method is obviously through the browser and the second one is by installing the App on your computer. You can also log in to multiple devices at the same time. The list of logged-in devices will appear on your phone which will be easy to monitor and log out.
How to use WhatsApp for Web using the browser?
The easy and simple method to use the WhatsApp on the PC is with the web browser. Here’s how to do it.
- Open your browser and visit – web.whatsapp.com
- You will be asked to scan a QR code.
Here the process might slightly differ between Android and iPhone
- To scan the QR code, open the WhatsApp on your phone and tap the Ellipsis icon (three vertical dots) at the top right corner to open the menu
- Tap ‘WhatsApp Web’
- WhatsApp will now open the camera to scan the QR code.
- If you want to add more devices, you can tap ‘ + ‘ on the top right corner and scan the QR code with another device to add them too.
- To scan the QR code, open the Whatsapp on your iPhone and tap ‘Settings‘ on the bottom right corner
- Tap ‘WhatsApp Web’
- WhatsApp will now open the camera to scan the QR code
- If you want to add more devices, you can tap ‘ + ‘ on the top right corner and scan the QR code with another device to pair them too.
Tip: If you want the WhatsApp to keep you logged in all the time, check ‘Keep me signed in’ on the computer before scanning the QR code. I suggest you do only on your personal computer.
How to use WhatsApp for Web using an application?
The second method is to install the WhatsApp on the PC as an application. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to this link – whatsapp.com/download and install the desired version for your computer (Mac with Mac OS X 10.10 and later or Windows with Windows 8 or later)
- Follow the on-screen instruction and install the application
- To log in to your account, follow the first method’s instruction because the process is the same for both the methods.
How to turn on Notifications?
Turning on the notification for the desktop will notify you of every message received. It will be handy if you’re multitasking. When you first log in to the WhatsApp web, you will be prompted to enable the feature by default. If not, you can do it manually. Follow the below steps.
- There will be a blue rectangular section above your chat list
- Click the box and you will be prompted to allow the notification
- Click ‘Allow’ to turn on the desktop notification
You may like: How to Hide Chat in Whatsapp with Password 2020
How to log out from the WhatsApp web?
You can log out from the WhatsApp for Web from the web client or from the phone itself.
To log out from the web client or from the installed app on your PC or Mac, follow the below instructions
- Click the three dots at the top left and click the ‘logout’ option.
To log out from the phone, follow the below instructions+
- Tap the three dots at the top right corner and click ‘ WhatsApp Web’
- Here you will list of devices logged in. You can tap the device you want to logout and tap log out or to simply log out of all devices, tap ‘Log out from all devices.
You may like: How to send a group message on iPhone